- The Psychological Contract of Employment:
- Employee expectations in the context of the organisational culture.
- Types of employment contract.
- Role of the Line Manager.
2. Recruitment & Selection Practices:
- Describe the steps in the recruitment & selection process.
- Differentiate between recruitment and selection.
- Write a job description and person specification.
- Evaluate internal and external recruitment methods.
- Compare and contrast alternative selection techniques.
- Prepare for and conduct a selection interview.
- Employment Equality Legislation.
3. Performance Appraisal:
- Explain performance appraisal in the context of Performance Management.
- Evaluate the appraisal process.
- Describe the advantages and drawbacks of an appraisal interview to the organisation, the manager and the employee.
- Review sample appraisal interviews.
4. Disciplinary meetings:
- Describe what is meant by a grievance procedure and a disciplinary procedure and why they are important to an organisation.
- Practice low level negotiations.
- Describe the key actions required to conduct an effective disciplinary meeting.
- Differentiate between training, developing, educating and learning.
- Summarise contemporary learning theories.
- Describe the training and development process.
- Distinguish between on-the-job and off-the job training methods.
- Explain the purpose of training evaluation and conduct a training evaluation.
- Design a training intervention for an identified performance issue.