TRON06047 2019 Project Year 2
This module introduces the student to Hardware Design, Software Design, Debugging and System Integration processes through a directed project design and build.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Complete a circuit design using schematic capture software tools.
Identify and select electronic components for a project.
Develop suitable embedded software design for a specific application.
Build, debug and test an electronic circuit board.
Perform electrical and electronic tests using diagnostic equipment.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Practical, workshop based learning
Module Assessment Strategies
100% Continuous Assessment
- Project Overview: Project Description, Specifications, Concept Development, Block diagram Generation, Flowchart Generation.
- Circuit Design: Hardware Design Process, Schematic Capture.
- Electronic Components: Description, Component Selection, Bill of Materials.
- Artwork: Printed Circuit Board Layout, CAD.
- Assembly Techniques: Soldering.
- Programming: Software Design Process & Microcontroller Programming
- Testing and Troubleshooting: Test Plans (Hardware Acceptance, Hardware Integration to Software, Functional etc.), Systematic Debug, Electronic Diagnostic Tools.
- Documentation: Technical Report Writing, Poster Presentation.
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Continuous Assessment Continuous assesment||Continuous Assessment||UNKNOWN||100 %||OnGoing||1,2,3,4,5|
Full Time Mode Workload
|Laboratory Practical||Engineering Laboratory||Project 2 lab||4||Weekly||4.00|
IEEE Xplore: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/home.jsp