SPAN06003 2021 Spanish Language, Culture and Contemporary Media 2.1
This Module will build on the language skills acquired in Semesters 1 and 2, and initiate progression towards CEFR Level A2. The module will foster increasing independence in the use of the language in authentic everyday situations, with emphasis on gaining confidence in speaking and listening. An awareness of Spanish culture and society will develop in tandem with the student's developing language skills. Contemporary media, written text, video clips and film will be used
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Initiate progress towards CEFR Level A2.
OVERALL READING COMPREHENSION Can read with a large degree of independence, adapting style and speed of reading to different texts and purposes, and using appropriate reference sources selectively. Has a broad active reading vocabulary, but may experience some difficulty with low-frequency idioms.
OVERALL SPOKEN PRODUCTION Can reasonably fluently sustain a straightforward description of one of a variety of subjects within his/her field of interest, presenting it as a linear sequence of points.
OVERALL WRITTEN PRODUCTION Can write straightforward connected texts on a range of familiar subjects within his field of interest, by linking a series of shorter discrete elements into a linear sequence.
AUDIO-VISUAL RECEPTION: Can follow a TV commercial or a trailer for or scene from a film, understanding what the actors are talking about, provided that the images are a great help in understanding and the delivery is clear and relatively slow.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Listening and comprehension
Cultural project work
Audio-visual and Modern Media materials
Module Assessment Strategies
Voice and video recordings
All elements of the assessments may be repeated accordingly.
1. Perform confidently at Level A2 (Basic User) within the Common European Framework for Language Learning (Council of Europe Guidelines).
2. Understand and modify sentences and freqently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance not covered at Level 2.1 (e.g. very basic personal and family information,
shopping, local geography, employment).
3. Without assistance communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
4. Describe, using a full range of vocabulary appropriate to the Level, aspects of his/her background; immediate environment; the world of work; and matters in areas of immediate need.
5. Demonstrate awareness of grammatical accuracy appropriate to the Level
6. Make an oral presentation on a chosen aspect of Spanish speaking world.
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Oral Exam oral tests||Continuous Assessment||Assessment||50 %||OnGoing||1,3,5|
|2||Written Exam and Aural Assessment||Continuous Assessment||Assessment||50 %||OnGoing||1,2,3,4,5|
Full Time Mode Workload
|Independent Learning||Not Specified||Independent learning||3||Weekly||3.00|
Required & Recommended Book List
2014-03-11 Gente Hoy: Libro del alumno + CD 2 (B1) Difusion Centro de Publicacion y Publicaciones de Idiomas, S.L.
ISBN 8415640374 ISBN-13 9788415640370