QUSU06018 2012 Introduction to Computer-Aided Design
This Module teaches students how to use Computer-aided design (Autocad) to construct technical drawings in two dimensions of:
1) Drawing Objects and,
2) Elements and Components of domestic building construction
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Demonstrate methods of constructing drawing objects using CAD.
Construct building elements and components in orthographic and isometric projection.
Display an innate knowledge and understanding of measurement skills, within a CAD environment, in the construction of building drawings.
Employ sound drawing and file management practices using CAD
Produce detailed working drawings using CAD.
1.Introduction - features of the Autocad 2013 window and methods of operation.
2.Create and access drawing files.
3. Drawing - 2D drawing in the window workspace, drawing of outlines, drawing to absolute and relative coordinate points, using tracking method.
4. Methods of using Draw tools, object snap and dynamic input, zoom and pan.
5. Construction and saving of drawing templates.
6. Uses of tools for modifying parts of drawings.
7. Methods of dimensioning drawings and adding text.
8. Methods of using layers.
9. Methods of constructing views in orthographic projection and the construction of isometric drawings.
10. Uses of hatching in its various forms.
11. Construction of Blocks and WBlocks
12 Printing and plotting
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Continuous Assessment Workshops||Continuous Assessment||UNKNOWN||50 %||OnGoing||1,2,3,4|
|2||Project Drawing Submission||Continuous Assessment||UNKNOWN||25 %||OnGoing||5|
|3||Practical Evaluation Final test in AutoCAD Lab under supervision||Continuous Assessment||UNKNOWN||25 %||End of Term||1,2,3,4,5|
Full Time Mode Workload
|Lecture||Computer Laboratory||Project-based Practicals||4||Weekly||4.00|
|Independent Learning||UNKNOWN||Online Tutorials and Quizzes||3||Weekly||3.00|
Yarnwood, A., (2012) Introduction to AutoCAD 2012, Autodesk, Routledge London ISBN 978-0-08-096947-3
Mastering AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 (Autodesk Official Training Guides) by George Omura
Cadalyst On;line Magazine
Cadtutor Free Tutorials