MKTG09023 2016 Global Marketing Practice
Global marketing practice examines the strategic importance of international acitivity for a firm, it focuses on the design and implementation of global marketing culture within an orhnaisation as well as on the management of a global marketing strategy. The student will learn to integrate knowledge, skills and comptetencies from global marketing disciplines in order to add value to a business offering.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Identify and apply knowledge from the global marketing field.
Assess the advantages of a busines having an outward looking global approach.
Investigate global market selection mechanisms.
Comprehend the management issues in developing and mantaining a global marketing strategy.
Be cognisant of recent academic articles on global marketing practice.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
1. Identify and apply knowledge from the global marketing field. Teaching methods - Lectures, tutorials, case discussion and case studies. Assessment method- Class test
2. Assess the advantages of a business having an outward looking global approach. Teaching methods - Lectures, tutorials, case discussion and case studies. Assessment method- project, case study and class test.
3. Investigate global market selection mechanisms. Teaching methods - Lectures, tutorials, case discussion and case studies. Assessment method- project, presentation, case study and class test
4. Comprehend the management issues in developing and maintaining a global marketing strategy. Teaching methods - Lectures, tutorials, case discussion and case studies. Assessment method- project, presentation, case study and class test.
5. Be cognisant of recent academic articles on global marketing practice, Teaching methods - Lectures, tutorials, case discussion and case studies. Assessment method- class test and case study.
Module Assessment Strategies
The teaching and learning for this module comprises of lectures and tutorials. Readings, workshops, case studies and guest lecturers will also faciliate the teaching and learning of the module.
The repeat assessments are the same as outlined in the assessment strategies.
Global marketing (1,3,5,) 20%
- Assess the importance of global marketing practice.
- How will global marketing affect the current operations of an organisation.
- Examine successful global marketing practice.
- Discuss the role of Government in international trade.
- Explore the global marketing environment
Global marketing opportunities (1,2,3,5) 20%
- Assess global marketing opportunities.
- Examine global segmentation, targeting and positioning.
- Debate inter-cultural marketing activities.
Global marketing strategy (1,2,3,4,5) 60%
- Explore cultural considerations
- Examine the various market selection and market entry alternatives.
- Evaluate production abroad and strategic alliances.
- Discuss global competition and strategy.
- Evaluate global market choice and development.
- Describe product and service considerations.
- Discuss international price decisions.
- Examine global marketing communications strategies.
- Comprehend global logistics and channel decisions.
- Evaluate the performance of global marketing performance.
- Prepare a global marketing plan.
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Global Marketing Plan||Project||Group Project||40 %||Week 12||1,3,4|
|2||Presentation||Practical||Practical Evaluation||10 %||Week 12||1,3,4|
|3||Case Study||Practical||Practical Evaluation||30 %||End of Term||1,2,3,4,5|
|4||Class Test||Continuous Assessment||Assessment||20 %||End of Term||1,2,3,4,5|
Full Time Mode Workload
|Independent Learning||Not Specified||Independent learning||6||Weekly||6.00|
Required & Recommended Book List
2015-10-07 Global Marketing: Practical Insights and International Analysis SAGE Publications Ltd
ISBN 1446252647 ISBN-13 9781446252642
This new textbook introduces students to the essential concepts, theories and perspectives of Global Marketing and these are supported by real-world case studies from North America, Europe and the emerging markets of China, India and Latin America. These emerging markets are given balanced coverage alongside developed markets and the text also includes a dedicated chapter on emerging markets multinationals.
Practical in its orientation, the text equips students with the tools needed to make strategic marketing decisions and find solutions in a global business environment.
Key features include:
- A full-colour text design with photos to help bring the content to life and enhance students' learning
- 'Spotlight on Research and Expand Your Knowledge, introducing students to some of the seminal scholarly research undertaken in the field
- 'Real World Challenges offering additional engaging practice-led examples to Case Studies in chapters and providing a scenario for students to analyse and reflect upon via questions
- A companion website (https://study.sagepub.com/farrell) offering a range of instructor and student support materials including PowerPoint slides, a testbank for instructors and quizzes for students
2014-09-15 Global Content Marketing: How to Create Great Content, Reach More Customers, and Build a Worldwide Marketing Strategy that Works McGraw-Hill Education
ISBN 0071840974 ISBN-13 9780071840972
Engage Customers Around the World with Cross-Regional Content Marketing
Technology has virtually erased national borders, forever transforming the way we reach and engage customers, as well as the way we search for and consume content. Global Content Marketing takes you step-by-step through the process of creating and refining your strategies to meet this new reality.
LEARN HOW TO:
- Create content that engages people--regardless of their country and culture
- Identify key actions and strategies to apply to your projects
- Connect "dots" that others don't see and connect them in ways you never thought of before
"Content marketing across geographies is a diff erent animal. In this smart, practical, and authoritative book, Pam Didner has tamed this animal for all of us." -- DOUG KESSLER, Creative Director, Velocity
"A valuable guide to developing and distributing your global content effectively." -- NANCY BHAGAT, former VP, Global Marketing Strategy, Intel, and current Divisional CMO, TE Connectivity
"This book is the blueprint for engineering a modern scalable content marketing operation." -- PAWAN DESHPANDE, CEO, Curata
Finally the book that explores all critical aspects of global content marketing! Whether you are a small business or a Fortune 500 company, it is essential to understand the 4Ps developed by Pam Didner. Read it and take your content strategy to the whole new level." -- EKATERINA WALTER, author of Think Like Zuck and coauthor of The Power of Visual Storytelling
2003-04-15 Global Marketing Cengage Learning
ISBN 0618310592 ISBN-13 9780618310593
The authors combine their teaching and professional experience to present students with an authoritative viewpoint of international and global marketing. The text reflects modern global marketing with managerial views, strategic focus, and coverage of global marketing that apply to managers from any industry sector or any country.
Global Marketing with MyMarketingLab Pearson Education Limited
ISBN 129206966X ISBN-13 9781292069661
2013-12-28 Global Marketing (6th Edition) Prentice Hall
ISBN 027377316X ISBN-13 9780273773160
The globalization of companies is the involvement of customers, producers, suppliers, and other stakeholders in the global marketing process. Global marketing therefore reflects the trend of firms selling products and services across many countries. Drawing on an incomparable breadth of international examples, Svend Hollensen not only demonstrates how global marketing works, but also how it relates to real decisions around the world.
This book offers a truly global approach with cases and exhibits from all parts of the world, including Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Far East, North and South America. It provides a complete and concentrated overview of the total international marketing planning process, along with many new, up-to-date exhibits and cases, which illustrate the theory by showing practical applications.
- Extensive coverage of hot topics such as glocalization, born globals, value creation, value net, celebrity branding, brand piracy, and viral marketing, as well as a comprehensive new section on integrated marketing communication through social networking.
- Brand new case studies focus on globally recognized brands and companies operating in a number of countries, including Build-A-Bear Workshop, Hello Kitty, Ralph Lauren and Sony Music Entertainment.
- Video cases featuring firms such as Nivea, Reebok, Starbucks, Hasbro and McDonald's accompany every chapter and are available at www.pearsoned.co.uk/hollensen.
- Real-world examples and exhibits enliven the text and enable the reader to relate to marketing models.
2014-01-17 Global Marketing (8th Edition) Prentice Hall
ISBN 0133545008 ISBN-13 9780133545005
For undergraduate and graduate global marketing courses.
The excitement, challenges, and controversies of global marketing.
Global Marketing reflects current issues and events while offering conceptual and analytical tools that will help students apply the 4Ps to global marketing.
MyMarketingLab for Global Marketingis a total learning package. MyMarketingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and examsresulting in better performance in the courseand provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experiencefor you and your students. Heres how:
- Improve Results with MyMarketingLab: MyMarketingtLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed and provides engaging experiences that personalize learning.
- Bring Global Marketing to Life with Real-World Examples: The cases in this text were written to encourage student interest and learning, stimulate class discussion, and enhance the classroom experience for students and instructors.
- Highlight Key Emerging Markets: Continued expanded coverage on the growing impact of emerging nations.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyMarketingLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyMarketingLab search for ISBN-10: 0133472221/ISBN-13: 9780133472226. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133545008/ISBN-13: 9780133545005 and ISBN-10: 0133576353/ISBN-13: 9780133576351.
MyMarketingLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
2013-01-18 Marketing Across Cultures (6th Edition) Prentice Hall
ISBN 0273757733 ISBN-13 9780273757733
In an increasingly interconnected global business environment, it is crucial that marketers recognise how a better understanding of cultural differences can help improve performance.
Marketing Across Cultures examines how multinational companies can appreciate and adapt to international diversity. By comparing national marketing systems with local commercial customs, Usunier and Lee use a cross-cultural approach that provides essential information on how marketing strategies can be implemented in different national contexts.
Full of up-to-date examples, numerous illustrations and using clear language, this text will guide students through key cultural marketing issues.
2015-07-28 Global Marketing Routledge
ISBN 0765642956 ISBN-13 9780765642950
This textbook introduces students to the important concepts of global marketing today, and their managerial implications. Designed to be shorter than many other textbooks, Global Marketing focuses on getting to the point faster.
Increasingly, marketing activities must be integrated at a global level. Yet, the enduring influence of culture requires marketers to adapt local strategies in light of cultural differences. Global Marketing takes a similar strategic approach, recognizing the need to address both the forces of globalization and those of localization. Other key features include:
- Coverage of often overlooked topics, such as the competitive rise of Chinas state-owned enterprises; the importance of diasporas as target markets; and the emerging threat to legitimate marketers from transnational criminal organizations
- A chapter dedicated to understanding global and local competitors, setting the stage for ongoing discussion of both buyers and competitors in an increasingly competitive global marketplace
- Extensive real-life examples and cases from developed and emerging markets, including insights into the often-overlooked markets of Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East
Written in a student-friendly style, previous editions have received praise from both students and instructors. This edition continues to build on this strong foundation, making this the book of choice for students of global marketing classes.
2011-07-31 International Marketing & Export Management (7th Edition) Prentice Hall
ISBN 0273743880 ISBN-13 9780273743880
International Marketing and Export Management 7th edition offers an accessible and authoritative perspective on international marketing with a strong export management orientation, comprehensively describing the evolving competitive landscape as created by technological advances and international trade patterns. The seventh edition retains its clear and informed coverage of the opportunities for companies of all sizes and in all industries in the export of goods, services, intellectual property and business models.
Written in a no-nonsense style, the bookhas been updated to offer the most up-to-date discussion of the literature in the area, as well as new and engaging cases and examples in every chapter.
The book is ideal for undergraduate and postgraduate students taking modules in International Marketing and Export Marketing/International Trade. It will also be used as a supplementary text on International Business courses.
2014-01-29 Global Marketing Management Wiley
ISBN 1118466489 ISBN-13 9781118466483
Get the Global Edge in Marketing "The conceptual framework developed in this book will facilitate an in-depth study of international marketing issues. . well-thought out and structured analysis of several important concepts. A comprehensive set of tools are presented so that students can analyze and understand the global marketplace. The examples are application oriented and focus on interesting business practices. Country coverage is extensive. The global perspectives inserts are a major strength of the book. It provides unique and novel insights on the strategies of multinational corporations in a wide range of situations and countries." - D. Maheswaran, New York University "This text definitely portrays modern teaching concepts in global marketing - much more holistic examination of the marketing function." - Hildy Teegen, The George Washington University "It is truly global, comprehensive, and cross-functional. Extensive coverage of sourcing strategy, GATT/WTO/FTAs, and culture's role across all elements add new dimensions. The increased coverage of segmentation has long been overdue in this field and is well-handled in this text. The work is current, up-to-date, and portrays modern teaching concepts in global marketing. Many of the examples are unique to this text and serve as refreshing changes from the tired war stories that often appear again and again elsewhere." - Scott Swan, The College of William & Mary "The authors' tone and style shall appeal to our students. They write in a clear and comprehensive style. . The authors have researched well and presented appropriate and interesting examples to illustrate the text. The cases cover extensive geographical areas; functional areas such as product, pricing, promotion and advertising, technology, retailing, etc. add to the students' learning experience." - K.C. Dhawan, Concordia University/Montreal
2015-02-18 Export/Import Procedures and Documentation AMACOM
ISBN 0814434754 ISBN-13 9780814434758
The details of international business are growing more complex by the day - and even the most seasoned professionals can find themselves in need of guidance. This comprehensive answer book supplies readers with a clear view of the entire export/import process, explaining the ins and outs of shipping and insurance; payment mechanisms; distributors vs. agents; customs and export control requirements; and transportation issues. Featuring dozens of sample contracts, procedures, checklists, and ready-to-use forms, Export/Import Procedures and Documentation is an authoritative voice in the ever-changing, often confusing world of international laws and regulations. The revised fifth edition contains new and expanded information on topics including: corporate oversight and compliance; valuation; The Export Control Reform Act; Licensing requirements and exceptions; International Commerce Trade Terminology; The shifting definition of "Country of Origin"; and, specialized exporting and importing. Thorough and accessible, this trusted resource provides readers with the tools they need to manage supply chain dynamics around the world, and keep everything organized, up-to-date, and above board each step of the way.
2013-08-01 The Global Entrepreneur 3rd Edition Jamric Press International
ISBN 0975315315 ISBN-13 9780975315316
An excellent primer, The Global Entrepreneur uncovers all the hidden secrets to doing business in the real work. Author Jim Foley is praised for his street-smart advice. First printed in 1999, this text has been adopted by numerous colleges and universities for export and international trade education. It has also been used as a study resource guide for the NASBITE CGBP exam.
2012-11-29 Doing Business in Emerging Markets SAGE Publications Ltd
ISBN 1849201544 ISBN-13 9781849201544
The Second Edition of Doing Business in Emerging Markets has been completely revised and updated to reflect the challenges and opportunities facing businesses in emerging markets, in the wake of the financial crisis. Filled with international case studies and packed with real-life examples from across the world, this text covers all the key topics on an Emerging Markets course in an engaging and accessible way. Examining pre-entry as well as post-entry issues and strategies, this text shows how the emerging market context challenges traditional international business theories. Globalization is widely discussed as are topics such as Csr, regulation, finance and communication.
2012-12-26 Market Your Way to Growth: 8 Ways to Win Wiley
ISBN 111849640X ISBN-13 9781118496404
Marketing guru Philip Kotler and global marketing strategist Milton Kotler show you how to survive rough economic waters
With the developed world facing slow economic growth, successfully competing for a limited customer base means using creative and strategic marketing strategies. Market Your Way to Growth presents eight effective ways to grow in even the slowest economy. They include how to increase your market share, develop enthusiastic customers, build your brand, innovate, expand internationally, acquire other businesses, build a great reputation for social responsibility, and more. By engaging any of these pathways to growth, you can achieve growth rates that your competitors will envy.
- Proven business and marketing advice from leading names in the industry
- Written by Philip Kotler, the major exponent of planning through segmentation, targeting, and position followed by "the 4 Ps of marketing" and author of the books Marketing 3.0, Ten Deadly Marketing Sins, and Corporate Social Responsibility, among others
- Milton Kotler is Chairman and CEO of Kotler Marketing Group, headquartered in Washington, DC, author of A Clear-sighted View of Chinese Marketing, and a frequent contributor to the China business press
2012-01-15 Cross-Cultural Business Behavior: A Guide for Global Management (Fifth Edition) Copenhagen Business School Press
ISBN 8763002388 ISBN-13 9788763002387
The theme of this new edition of Cross-Cultural Business Behavior is CHANGE. First of all, cultures change. In markets around the world, business behavior is constantly evolving, impelled by generational shifts, improvements in education, and (especially) increasing exposure to the world marketplace. That is why all of the book's 43 'Negotiator Profiles' have been thoroughly updated, with new cases and fresh examples added. In addition to the change in culture, international managers' challenges have changed too. For example, just a few years ago, participants at global management seminars around the world were mainly interested in how to communicate and negotiate with overseas partners. But, they now find that their toughest challenges are how to manage overseas subsidiaries, strategic alliances, and international partnerships. To reflect these new realities, the book's time-tested framework for understanding cross-cultural negotiating behavior has been expanded to include a wide variety of practical pointers on managing in today's global marketplace. This fifth edition is important for everyone involved with global management, whether student or manager, because cultures and business challenges do change. The book is an essential survival guide for doing business in cultures other than one's own.
2004-11-16 The Export Marketing Imperative South-Western Educational Pub
ISBN 0324222580 ISBN-13 9780324222586
Increasing competition and mounting pressure to boost revenues leave limited growth options for some companies, prompting many to turn a hopeful eye toward international markets. A must-read for anyone interested in breaking into global markets, The Export Marketing Imperative walks readers through the entire exporting process - from beginning to end - offering a wealth of information with its comprehensive coverage of all facets of exporting, including pricing, channel management, marketing plans/strategies, financial environments, and more. An essential resource for entry- and mid-level managers involved in marketing and exporting.
2004-11-16 International Marketing Strategy (5th Edition) Pearson Education Canada
ISBN 0273686887 ISBN-13 9780273686880
With a truly international approach and providing cutting edge research material, International Marketing Strategy engages the reader and helps them understand the
International marketing review
European Business Review
Harvard Business Review
European Journal of Marketing
Sloan Management Review
Journal of Marketing
Journal of Marketing Practice
Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing
Business and Finance
The Irish Times
The Sunday Business Post