MKTG07100 2016 Social Media Marketing
The aim of this module is to enlighten learners as to the integral role of social media as part of the strategy of an organisation. The module leads to an appreciation and understanding of social media as the industry goes through a radical paradigm shift , leaving marketers racing to adapt and keep up with customer demands. The module recognises that driven by the digital and mobile revolution, every element of brand engagement is changing. The module aims to demystify social media and examine how it can be harnassed to shape consumer decision making in predictable ways. The potential of social technologies to engage employees and transform organisations will be explored.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Understand the integral role of social media within the strategy of organisations.
- Appreciate the significance of social in the paradigm shift of the marketing industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of social on brand engagement.
- Understand the impact of social media on consumer decision making.
- Explore the impact of social media on ROI.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Lectures and tutorials.
As Marketing is undergoing its greatest paradigm shift in history , the nature of this subject is that the content is continually evolving. Students are provided with a bank of articles from Harvard Business Review, MIT Sloan Management Review, McKinsey Quarterly and others. Podcasts from IIA, AAA, and many other sources are also utilised during the teaching of this subject as well as guest speakers where appropriate.
Module Assessment Strategies
50% Final Exam
50% Project .
50% Final Exam
50% Project .
- Building the Social Enterprise
- The Digital Advantage
- Branding in the Digital Age
- The Digital Consumer Decision Journey
- Measuring the ROI of Social Media Marketing
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Continuous Assessment||Project||Project||50 %||Week 8||1|
End of Semester / Year Assessment
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Final Exam||Final Exam||Closed Book Exam||50 %||Week 15||1|
Full Time Mode Workload
Required & Recommended Book List
2015-08-25 Social Media: Master, Manipulate, And Dominate Social Media Marketing Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram And LinkedIn CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
ISBN 1517036674 ISBN-13 9781517036676
Go Up The Social Media Ladder. Your ultimate guide to controlling your online network. Theres so much buzz going on when we hear the word Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. Almost the entire population is using these social media platform just for anything they can think off! There is something about them that holds great power to popularity and success and if you want to know the secrets to manipulating your preferred social media, then this book is for you! Social Media: Master, Manipulate, And Dominate Social Media Marketing Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram And LinkedIn contains the golden nuggets in allowing you exploit these tools and use it for your advantage. You may have all four but dont know how to really work your way up and reach your goals, well now you can change that. This Book is Divided into 2 Parts: 1. The Step by step guide to Social Marketing 2. Social Media Marketing These Will Teach You How To: Dominate Facebook Marketing Dominate YouTube Marketing Dominate Instagram Marketing Dominate Twitter Marketing Dominate LinkedIn Marketing And so much more! Theres no other book like this out there in the market! The goal of this book is to help you become more acquainted with the social media of your choice. You will learn how to monitor, manage, and even monetize this whole idea! The secrets are right in from of you, so what are you waiting for?! When you read Social Media: Master, Manipulate, And Dominate Social Media Marketing Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram And LinkedIn youll definitely be on the fast track to managing your own social media and become successful in the end! Good Luck!
2015-09-16 Social Media Marketing Workbook: How to Use Social Media for Business CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
ISBN 1517380235 ISBN-13 9781517380236
Social Media Marketing Workbook 2016
Learn how to market your business on Social Media for free!
A best-selling social media marketing book from a best-selling author on Internet marketing: Jason McDonald
Social media is big - really big. Facebook has over 1 billion users, and LinkedIn has over 350 million. Today's customers go online to review sites like Yelp and Google+ to check out businesses before they engage. Whether it's on Twitter, on Instagram, on YouTube, or even Pinterest, your customers are "on" social media and they are talking about businesses, products, and services just like yours. Small businesses and large businesses alike can leverage social media for amazing free marketing opportunities.
If you know how... you can market on social media effectively.
But do you know how?
Or are you confused, befuddled, lost, or just spinning your wheels while your competitors blast ahead on Facebook or Twitter, LinkedIn or Pinterest, YouTube or Yelp?
Enter the Social Media Marketing Workbook, your step-by-step guide on how to market your business on social media.
With up-to-date information on how to market on all of the major social media platforms, the Social Media Marketing Workbook includes
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING - an easy explanation of what social media marketing really is, and how to "think" about social media marketing.
- PLATFORM MARKETING STEP-BY-STEP - an explanation of:
- Facebook Marketing - Facebook for Business
- LinkedIn Marketing - LinkedIn for Business
- Twitter Marketing - Twitter for Business
- YouTube Marketing - YouTube for Business
- Pinterest Marketing - Pinterest for Business
- Yelp / Local - Marketing via Yelp, Google+ and other local review sites
- Epilogue - the "new" kids on the block of Snapchat and Instagram
- POSTING STRATEGY - creating great content is the first step, and knowing how to post it is the second. The SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING WORKBOOK explains how to find other people's content to share and how to create your own content as well as how to OPTIMIZE and PROMOTE your social media efforts.
- FREE SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING TOOLS - as part of Jason's SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLBOOK, you get complete access to hundreds of FREE social media tools as well - a $29.99 value!
Social Media Marketing Worksheets
This isn't a fancy book. This isn't a pie-in-the-sky book. This is a practical hands-on book, with links not only to free tools but to step-by-step worksheets. By the end of the book, you'll have a social media marketing plan ready for your business AND specific plans for each medium that makes sense for you (e.g., Facebook, Yelp, Twitter, etc.).
Got questions? Just Google Jason McDonald and send him an email - he's happy to help.
About the Author
Author Jason McDonald has been active on the Internet since 1994 and has taught SEO, AdWords, and Social Media since 2009 online, at Stanford University Continuing Studies, at both AcademyX and the Bay Area Video Coalition in San Francisco, at workshops, and in corporate trainings across these United States. His passion is to take complex marketing topics such as social media marketing and make them easy-to-understand for small business owners and marketers. His style is practical, hands-on, and fun. He received his Ph.D. in 1992 from the University of California, Berkeley, and his B.A. from Harvard University in 1985. When hes not surfing the Internet, Jason can be found being trained by his black Lab, Buddy, across the highways and byways of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Compare with: Social Media for Dummies, Social Media Marketing in a Day, Social Media Marketing for Dummies
2014-10-22 Digital Marketing: Integrating Strategy and Tactics with Values, A Guidebook for Executives, Managers, and Students Routledge
ISBN 0415716756 ISBN-13 9780415716758
Digital Marketing: Integrating Strategy and Tactics with Values is an easy-to-understand guidebook that draws on the latest digital tactics and strategic insights to help organizations generate sustainable growth through digital integration. It provides a roadmap to adopt a digital mindset, incorporate digital trends strategically, and integrate the most effective digital tactics and tools with core values to achieve competitive advantage.
Bringing the reader through its five-step Path to Digital Integration (Mindset, Model, Strategy, Implementation, and Sustainability), the book seeks to:
- Outline the key drivers of change and leading digital marketing trends that executives need to understand and incorporate to drive business opportunity
- Evaluate the digital channels and technologies that management teams can leverage to execute a successful, integrated digital marketing strategy; this includes insight into the latest digital tactics (website, social, mobile, search, content, and email marketing; data analytics) and social tools (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Plus)
- Examine the impact of digital transformation on the organization, from the effect of digital tactics on customer experience (CX) to the value of integrating internal digital strategies to facilitate collaboration and innovation
- Guide aspiring leaders on how to combine core values and business goals with progressive digital strategies, tactics, and tools to generate sustainable outcomes for all stakeholders