MKTG07098 2022 Digital Marketing
This module provides the student with the necessary skills to plan, research, develop and control the various elements of a Digital Marketing campaign. Students will be able to use computer-based collaboration tools on specific projects, apply design principles to a range of Digital based marketing material and integrate this material correctly into the companies overall marketing programme.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Plan, research and control a Digital Campaign
Plan, design and print/publish a range of digital material
Apply Design guidelines and principals during digital material creation
Creating online advertisements using both animation and video
Apply Internet Marketing principles and techniques
Promoting products/services using internet/social/mobile platforms
Identifying key metrics and performance analysis including e-CRM
Teaching and Learning Strategies
The students will be encouraged to build on the in-class learning to produce innovated marketing/promotional digital material.
Module Assessment Strategies
This module will comprise of practical projects and a final theory exam.
The students will repeat any failed elements if they fail overall
- Identify the target audience (tie publication design into audience).
- Content design and page/screen layout.
- Learn the importance of typographic design (Fonts, Size, Contrast, Colour, Wrapping).
- Import, arrange and modify a variety of different text and graphic formats into a single publication.
- Various file formats (JPEG, GIF, PNG) balancing graphics/text/white space in publications clipart, original artwork, lines, rules and boxes as graphic elements in publications.
- Editing pictures (selection, re-sizing, removal of elements of a picture).
- Use of scanner, and digital camera to capture and store images - dpi, ppi, spi.
- Production of advertisements and flyers.
- Differentiate between electronic and paper publication needs.
- Creating animated gifs as advertisements.
- Understanding timelines, libraries, download speed, transitions and tweens.
- Creating various digital advertisements using popular animation software.
- Export and Import edited video material.
Plan, research, control and measure a Digital Marketing Campaign.
Plan a Social Media Campaign.
Research and explore Internet Marketing best practise (including e-mail, SEM, Affiliate, Content, Blog and Mobile marketing).
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Graphic Project||Project||Project||30 %||Week 6||1,2,3,6|
|2||Video/Animation Project||Project||Project||30 %||Week 12||1,2,3,4,6|
|3||Marketing Campaign Project||Project||Project||40 %||End of Semester||1,5,6,7|
Full Time Mode Workload
|Practical||Computer Laboratory||Practical Class||2||Weekly||2.00|
|Lecture||Tiered Classroom||Theory Class||1||Weekly||1.00|
|Independent Learning||Not Specified||Self Directed Learning||2||Weekly||2.00|
Required & Recommended Book List
2022 Digital Marketing Excellence
ISBN 0367444755 ISBN-13 9780367444754
Now in its sixth edition, the hugely popular Digital Marketing Excellence is a practical guide to creating and executing integrated digital marketing plans, combining established approaches to marketing planning with the creative use of new digital models and digital tools. Written by two highly experienced digital marketing consultants, the book shows you how to: Draw up an outline integrated digital marketing plan Evaluate and apply digital marketing principles and models Integrate online and offline communications Implement customer-driven digital marketing as part of digital transformation Reduce costly trial and error Measure and enhance your digital marketing Learn best practices for reaching and engaging your audiences using the key digital marketing platforms. This new edition has been streamlined to seamlessly integrate the latest developments in digital analytics, ethics and privacy, Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Including new international case studies and up-to-date examples throughout, this book cuts through the jargon to show marketers how to leverage data and digital technologies to their advantage. Offering a highly structured and accessible guide to a critical and far-reaching subject, Digital Marketing Excellence, 6th edition, provides a vital reference point for all digital marketing students, and managers involved in digital marketing strategy and implementation. Online resources have been fully updated for the new edition and include a new set of PowerPoint slides and a full test bank of questions and exercises.