MKTG06049 2016 Digital Media for Sales
This module will provide the students with the practical and theoretical skills necessary to promote and sell items/services using Digital platforms. The students will gain a foundation in basic digital material production and learn how to correctly apply this material across the appropriate platform for the required audience.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Appreciate the role of Digital Media in Selling and Promotion
Apply a planning framework to a selling/promotional campaign
Create material which can be displayed digitally to help promote a campaign
Apply Digital tools and platforms to help promote a campaign
Teaching and Learning Strategies
The students will be encouraged to build on the in-class learning to produce innovated marketing/promotional digital material, building on fundamental digital marketing principles.
Module Assessment Strategies
This subject will be 100% Continuous Assessment with the theoretical elements assessed within the practical projects and an in-class exam.
The students will be required to repeat the assesment(s) they failed during the term if the have failed overall.
Introduction: The Digital Media Landscape
- What is Digital Media/Marketing
- Evolution of Digital Media/Marketing
- Selling On-line versus Offline
Planning a simple Digital promotional campaign
- Planning process
- Tie various elements together - Control
- Research existing campaign and identify good and bad practise
- Incorporating Digital into a broader marketing programme
- Researching and Identifying the target audience
- Legal issues
- Control and Technical issues
- Ethical/moral issues
Distinguishing between brand, event, product, cause, community
Differentiating between promotion and selling online
Creating digital material
- Editing graphics for display
- Creating Video content – product promotion/demo
- Using Web generators to create digital content
- Social platforms - limitations and potential
Measurement, Insights And Tools
- How campaigns are measured
- Essential metrics and tools for measurement
- Using 3rd party research to enhance the sales effort
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Research Presentation||Project||Project||20 %||Week 4||1,2|
|2||Digital Material Production||Project||Project||50 %||OnGoing||3,4|
|3||In-class theory||Continuous Assessment||Closed Book Exam||30 %||End of Semester||1,2,3,4|
Required & Recommended Book List
2014-06-28 Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation Kogan Page
ISBN 0749471026 ISBN-13 9780749471026
Forrester Research has predicted that in 2016, $77 billion will be spent on interactive marketing. This equals the amount that is spent on television advertising today, so it is increasingly important to know how to effectively use digital marketing.
Understanding Digital Marketing looks at the world of digital marketing: how it got started, how it got to where it is today and where the thought leaders in the industry believe it is headed in the future. This new edition demonstrates in a practical and comprehensive way, how to harness the power of digital media and use it to achieve the utmost success in business.
The author deals with key topics in detail, including: search marketing, social media, mobile marketing, affiliate marketing, e-mail marketing, customer engagement and digital marketing strategies.
This book will help readers to:
- choose online marketing channels to get their products and services to market
- understand the origins of digital marketing and the trends that are shaping its future
- achieve the competitive edge to keep them ahead
Including new case studies that reflect the changed marketplace, Understanding Digital Marketing provides readers with the tools to utilize the power of the internet to take their businesses wherever they want them to go.