DIGT07004 2016 Digital Content & Analysis
This module will equip the students with the necessary skills to create, edit and publish digital content. The students will also be able to analysis data and present the results in a appropriate manner.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Capture, record, edit and publish video
Analysis business and sporting material (video and data), edit and present the output
Understand the process of planning, implementing and maintaining a Digital Marketing campaign
Create digital content which can be published digitally
Create a website applying SEO factors to improve rank position
Teaching and Learning Strategies
The necessary tools will be demonstrated during the practical class and combining with theory element to highlight the key components and how to achieve the best results. The students will be allowed to work on project material during class time and are encouraged to experiment and develop their knowledge of the system/tools.
Module Assessment Strategies
The students will be assessed through a small number of projects. These will combine elements of the practical material together (eg analysis and graphics to create an infographic). This module is 100% continuous assessment.
The student will be expected to repeat any failed elements if they fail overall
- Record/capture visual content
- Editing the Audio/Visual material and producing a finished item which can be published digitally
- Understand the process of video creation
- Conduct video analysis in a sporting context
- Create, edit and publish digital content which can published to various platform including social networks
- Understand the process of creating graphic material including design guidelines
- Display data in a meaningful way (eg infographics)
- Use analysis software to analyse video material
- Understand the tools and functions necessary to analyse data and display the results
- Describe the measurement tools used for web analytics
- Create a basic webpage applying SEO factors to improve the search engine ranking
- Apply good design principles to web design
- Understand the various methods available to web design and their strengths and weaknesses
- Understand how to publish a website including domains, hosting’s, e-commerce and security issues
- Understand the process of planning, researching, implementing and maintaining a digital marketing campaign
- Understand the various tools, platforms, social networks available to help promote/market a business or event
- Ensure compliance with data protection and legal issues pertaining to the digital environment
- Understanding the role of technology in a sporting context
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Video Analysis||Continuous Assessment||Project||30 %||Week 6||1,2,4|
|2||Infographic||Continuous Assessment||Project||30 %||Week 10||2,4|
|3||Website||Continuous Assessment||Project||10 %||Week 12||4,5|
|4||Theory exam||Continuous Assessment||Closed Book Exam||30 %||Week 11||3|
Full Time Mode Workload
|Laboratory Practical||Computer Laboratory||Practical Lab||3||Weekly||3.00|
|Lecture||Tiered Classroom||Theory Lecture||1||Weekly||1.00|
|Independent Learning||Not Specified||Self-directed learning||2||Weekly||2.00|
Required & Recommended Book List
2014-06-28 Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation Kogan Page
ISBN 0749471026 ISBN-13 9780749471026
Forrester Research has predicted that in 2016, $77 billion will be spent on interactive marketing. This equals the amount that is spent on television advertising today, so it is increasingly important to know how to effectively use digital marketing.
Understanding Digital Marketing looks at the world of digital marketing: how it got started, how it got to where it is today and where the thought leaders in the industry believe it is headed in the future. This new edition demonstrates in a practical and comprehensive way, how to harness the power of digital media and use it to achieve the utmost success in business.
The author deals with key topics in detail, including: search marketing, social media, mobile marketing, affiliate marketing, e-mail marketing, customer engagement and digital marketing strategies.
This book will help readers to:
- choose online marketing channels to get their products and services to market
- understand the origins of digital marketing and the trends that are shaping its future
- achieve the competitive edge to keep them ahead
Including new case studies that reflect the changed marketplace, Understanding Digital Marketing provides readers with the tools to utilize the power of the internet to take their businesses wherever they want them to go.