CONS06012 2012 Interpersonal Transferable Skills
This module is designed to:
Excite and motivate the learner about his/her chosen field of study
Clarify the student’s understanding of the nature of the built environment
Cultivate and develop key academic skills such as creativity, problem solving, communication, leadership, knowledge discovery and system building skills
instil an eagerness for independent and reflective learning
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Demonstrate that problem solving is fun, educational and enriching
Display creative thinking and problem solving skills
Utilise appropriate technology and techniques for acquiring, processing, interpreting and presenting information
Select the most appropriate medium of communication and communicate communicate effectively in a variety of formats and using appropriate technology
Develop a personal development plan
Contribute as a positive, co-operative and complementary team member in the planning and execution of projects and problem-solving exercises
Module Assessment Strategies
Presentations, reports, letters, models.
Evaluation of teamwork and engagement.
Will form the on going assessment strategy for this module.
- Team skills, stages in team building, running effective teams, consensus building and conflict resolution
- Creative processes, evolution, synthesis, revolution, changing direction
- Computing skills, searching and browsing the internet, correct use of and reliability of information, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and design software
- Verbal communication skills; planning an oral presentation, structuring information,presenting, eye contact, use of gesture, voice projection, team choreography, overheads,dealing with Q/A sessions, functions of non-verbal communication
- Written communication, writing executive summaries and abstracts, report formats,document preparation, letter-writing
- Personal development planning: time management, goal setting, reflection, working in groups, reflection, study skills
- Non-technical team exercise to act as an ice-breaker and introduction to team-work
- Prepare personal development plan
- Data collection project to include using theory, identify options, predict outcomes and test convention. Assessment will be through competition performance, production of a poster and peer/self assessment through on-line surveys. Speadsheet, word-processing and design software will be used throughout.
- Interdisciplinary Team project to include sketches, images and costings. Assessment through identification and selection process, critical thinking, competition performance and final presentation; peer/self assessment.
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Continuous Assessment||Continuous Assessment||UNKNOWN||100 %||OnGoing||1,2,3,4,5,6|
Full Time Mode Workload
|Group Learning||Computer Laboratory||Theory/Practical||2||Weekly||2.00|